Sunday, September 28, 2008

Helping Hands

It's no secret that toddlers LOVE to see pictures of themselves, so why not make a book using pictures of your toddlers doing what they love to do? I take allot of photos...I have a small digital camera that fits in my pocket and I carry it around with me. When the opportunity presents itself, I snap away! It's a nice way to review my day (as I am obviously a visual learner) and it's a tool for bridging the gap between school and home for parents. With the photos I take I create materials for the classroom. Here is a book I made for my classroom called, "Helping Hands".

and here is one of its pages...

and here is the back cover...

the children choose this book every day. I am working on a another copy because they all want to hold this one. I'm sure I'll end up with several similar books in the classroom before this month is over! (MM note* the paper used is a combination of scrap-book paper and recycled wrapping paper. This book was laminated and spiral bound to protect the pages.)
Happy picture taking!
PEACE
~MM

6 comments:

HomeGrownLife said...

What a creative way to allow toddlers the enjoyment of viewing photos of themselves!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I love it. I work in a toddler classroom, plan to use it! I really enjoy your site!

Angela said...

i love the "to show we care" picture! so sweet!

Anonymous said...

How delightful! You are such a great teacher, MM. I can see why the children are so thrilled to look at the book you created.

Jennifer Howard said...

Thank you one and all!
I've been absent lately as I am struggling with all that being a "great teacher" requires. (Thank you writinggb how very sweet you are!) With my assistant out sick this past week was very trying. I look forward to this week and her return. More posts to follow, I promise.
In PEACE
Jennifer

Karin said...

That is just beautiful. I love it. Just gorgeous! I love the hand on the back.......precious.

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails