Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dancing with the Dolly....



When I was a little girl, my mother used to pick me up and spin me round the kitchen floor. We would dance and she would sing,
"Dancing with the Dolly with the hole in her stocking, knees keep a rocking, hole in her stocking, dancing with the dolly with the hole in her stocking, knees keep a rocking oh my!"
Dancing is one of my favorite things to do. Dancing with my boys, dancing with my husband, dancing with my girl friends...
Lately we have been doing allot of dancing with our toddlers at Cornerspring. Here's a picture of Little One with a rainbow ring to twirl. We were dancing to Frank Letto. What are YOUR favorite children's CDs? Please share!

Some of my favorites are:
Frank Letto
Raffi
Sweet Honey In the Rock
Buckwheat Zydeco

Dance like no one is watching!
MM

3 comments:

amber belmonte said...

thank you for that list! :) just what i was looking for! my son is constantly asking for me to play the curious george soundtrack [it's all songs from jack johnson] and also the wall-e soundtrack [which is mostly musical scores but he LOVES it].

have a great day! :)

Donna said...

We love the Putumayo Children's Folk CD...our whole family enjoys listening and dancing to this one!

Kjirsten said...

I vote for the Putumayo Children's Folk as well.

Also, one from my childhood that my kids love is the Wee Sing Silly Songs (although this taught my son the "correct" way to sing "Guess I'll Go Eat Worms." I had taught him that it began, "My name is Zachary - I am a big boy - Guess I'll go...").

We also have Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes and Folk Songs (I think that's the title). It's fun for the kids to sing along to the stories in their books.

"De Colores and Other Latin American Folk Songs" by Jose Luis Orozco is amazing.

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails