Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oh sure, he looks cute...


Here's a picture of Little One just before he made a break for it and ran toward the street!!! With my heart in my throat, running as fast as I was able, I caught my little Houdini just as one of his rubber boots made it over the white line. AND, while running away from me he looked back and smiled, laughing a delighted thrill seeker cackle and picking up speed! Where did this boy come from? He's such a dare devil! My husband doesn't even ride a bike and I always wear my seat belt. Who's kid is this?
I imagine him one day rock climbing every weekend in Acadia and just for kicks, bungee jumping off the Belfast bridge!

Then today while I had my head in the dryer attempting to do a week's worth of laundry, Little One just happened to find himself in Montessori Papa's side-table drawer, where he discovered a book light. I closed the dryer and stood up to see him standing in the kitchen with the clip end of the book light sticking out of his MOUTH! Yes, you guessed it, he was sucking on the light bulb! No real harm done, he didn't chew on it or swallow it, so I guess it's okay...
But I couldn't help thinking it's a good thing I'm not on a reality TV show.
AND it made me appreciate my Montessori classroom that much more. There is nothing more important than a well prepared environment. Okay, maybe that's an extreme comment. But man do I wish I had an assistant here at home! And less stuff to get into. *Please note: We have safety locks on just about everything (including the refrigerator door and toilet seat cover because he is so curious)

By the way, that's a photo of him after he just pulled a carrot from the children's garden at Cornerspring. More about that soon....
It appears that Saturday is my blogging day, now that I'm working outside the home Monday through Friday. I'll try to pick an evening during the week to blog also.
I hope things are going well for all of you!
Remember this cautionary tale and Keep a watchful eye on your toddlers they can move mighty quick! (Although I suppose if you have a toddler, you already know this fact.) :)
PEACE
Montessori Mama
aka Mom to a busy two year old boy and going crazy want to come?
In the past 4 months I have called poison control 3 times
RE: half a tube of acrylic paint (white), 2 Surfs Up tattoos, and the liquid inside a plastic ice cube (it's NOT water by the way)
Please don't think less of me.

5 comments:

plaidshoes said...

I SO don't think less of you. I have also called poisen control many times! They are just so fast ;-) and curious!

Shannon said...

I have to admit...I think I like you better after reading this!

Hmmm...wonder what that says of me??

Kids are crazy...especially boys! Nice to know everyone has those kind of days!

Unknown said...

We have had so many accidents around here. For some reason my kid always injures his forehead, he has a scar (stitches at the ER are not fun) and several lumps and bruises underneath his bangs right now. He was never much of a runner but they all have something, don't they?

Tânia Pinto said...

I'm with Shannon in that...
Nice to know that everyone has that kind of stuff going on... :)

Tilly said...

I know exactly how you feel. My Nipper (aged 2) is in to everything and I daren't take my eyes off him for more than 30 seconds. We have locks on the cupboards and drawers but he still manages to get his arms in. Recently he's eaten kitty litter and diaper rash cream - luckily both are non toxic!

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails