Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stopping and Looking


"Wonder is an exceedingly important stimulus for the human spirit. It can arise only from an attentive observation of reality. Education to wonder is correlative with an education that helps us to go always more deeply into reality. If we skim over things we will never be surprised by them. Wonder is not an emotion of superficial people; it strikes root only in the person who is capable of stopping and looking."

~Sofia Calvalletti

My friend Jessie and I spent the morning together with our two three year olds. While we sat on the grass and gabbed away, thoroughly enjoying ourselves, our children did too. It was so great to look up from conversation and see the two of them completely absorbed in their fantasy play.

This photo reminds me of The Secret Garden, have you read that book? A classic.
So yesterday was my birthday and my family gave me....wait for it....
A NEW CAMERA!!!!!
I can't even begin to express my joy! And just before the school year starts! I'm a bit giddy. Prepare yourselves for far too many unnecessary photos in the very near future.

2 comments:

Sojourn Curiosities said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

I look forward to even more beautiful photos from you!

SmartPumpkin'sMom said...

The chidren look like they are enjoying their little adventure.
Happy birthday! :)

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails