Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Thanksgiving Poem by my 9 year old son


(Photo from when he was a Pixie in a play last year)
Family

Family is the best thing that I have ever had.
They make me really happy when
I am very sad.
Sometimes I wish I never had one
but that's a complete lie!
Because they usually help me
when I start to cry.
There are many other things that I can not say,
But my family is special in every single way!
~~~~~~
He read this aloud before Thanksgiving dinner.
God, I love this kid.
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I did. Well, aside from my baby with the double ear infections who is addicted to Barney and his Mama (that's me) and not wanting to be put down for the past two entire days, everyone else sneezing and coughing with head-colds (resulting in line 4 of my middle son's poem here), and yet another trip home to visit MY family canceled; the food was good, and playing board games was fun, even though I lost at Scrabble to my 15 year old's odd word choices (Has anyone ever heard of a 'holk') ? Okay, it was family..there are many other things that I cannot say, but my family IS special in every single way!
~~MM

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is too sweet!

plaidshoes said...

That is really wonderful. I would have totally teared-up if my child had read that. What a great way to start Thanksgiving.

Be Inspired Always said...

That is so sweet. I'm new to your blog please feel welcomed to come n visit mine.




Jillian

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails