Sunday, December 14, 2008

Making Progress....


One of four. It's slow going but I'm almost done. A handcrafted Christmas is harder than it sounds, Tasha Tudor I am not. So far I've made a few gnomes, two matching card sets, several affirmation card sets, and 5 cloth gift bags. My hunny is sick with a bad cough, Little One and I are sharing a cold...
I may resort to baking gifts instead of making gifts.
In the classroom lots has been getting done. Some of the children's parents read this blog so I won't share what the toddlers have made as gifts until after Friday.
I will say, I love my job. Today a friend I haven't seen in a long while stopped by the school to say hello. She asked me about life, she had heard about 'Taller Than Me'crashing our minivan, Little One's fractured arm and she knows about our on-going money troubles (our moderate income family of five surviving with the economy in the state it is in....). It feels like we are just keeping our head above the water. Anyway, she asked me how I was doing with all these troubles and things to worry about?

And I answered honestly, I worry yes, but still every day I thank God I have what I have. The husband, the family, the friends and especially my job. It's allot of work, yes, but I love it. The children make me smile every day, every day at this job I smile and laugh. I feel loved and appreciated and I know what I do is important work.
My friend could tell I was happy, she told me she missed seeing me smile and hoped to see me again soon. Sometimes it can be valuable to tell a friend you haven't seen in a long while, about your life and what you do and don't enjoy about it. It gives you perspective and reminds you to count your blessings.
I'm feeling blessed tonight. Tired but blessed. Goodnight.
~~MM

3 comments:

plaidshoes said...

Handmade holidays are a lot harder then they sound. I think you are doing fantastic - especially with working and all the kids. I hope things are looking brighter and you all are doing well.

village mama said...

Honest, heart to heart talks with dear friends is an amazing gift. Wishing you sweet dreams tonight dear mama.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas gifts!

Happy blogging,

Toddler Gifts

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails