Saturday, September 6, 2008

Peace and Quiet


This is a picture of our classroom's Peace Corner. The basket on the right holds several little cloth dolls to be used for play acting, conflict resolution between our almost 3 year olds, and simply to hold for comfort. The star fish is obviously not a soft texture but is beautiful and an exotic item to a toddler's eyes. In the corner are a set of my child's affirmation cards and a post card that has an image of hands of various sizes working together to carefully hold seeds. There is also a kaleidoscope and (not pictured) a view finder with a disk of baby animals. (I think it was being washed at the time of this photo!) Little One spent some time in the Peace Corner yesterday, making the little dolls talk to one another in the mirror. He moved too quickly for me to get a photo of him!
Peace to you~
MM

6 comments:

Susy said...

Wonderful! I haven't even thought of setting up a peace corner yet. This is something I'll have to think about. I love your blog! I just found it a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of the "Monessori Mammas" out there. Take care and I look forward to catching up and reading all of your earlier posts!
-Susana
http://www.montessoricandy.com

Super Fun Mama said...

This is just a beautiful idea and your space is very calming. Would you mind sharing more about a peace corner?

Becky said...

I second professional mommy. I am also curious about how you resolve conflict with little one at home.

Anonymous said...

I think I need a peace corner! I wonder if I could make one for my house...

Karen Tyler said...

Jennifer, I love your Peace Corner! I also love your BLOG!
Blessings, Karen Tyler

Linda said...

Hai,

My name is Linda Willemsen and i'm a teacher of kindergarten in Holland. I write a book with lessons and classroom ideas. I love your peace corner, this is just a beautiful idea! I want to use this idea in my book. Please, can you sent me the foto to lindavdweerd@gmail.com ? Thanks!
My website is www.klasvanjuflinda.nl

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails