Friday, November 21, 2008

Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy




Here are some photos from my Stone Fruit Salad lesson. They seemed to enjoy the story although it was a bit long to hold their attention. We followed up the story with a craft of gluing fruit shapes onto a bowl. These are now on display as you walk into the classroom with the characters of the story. A note to parents went home yesterday with the children saying what fruit they offered to bring in on Monday. Mallory and I will bring in some fruit, yogurt and granola also and of course the STONE. A special stone fruit salad feast will take place (just like in the story). The children will prepare the fruit for the salad: they will slice bananas and cut apples, pull and wash grapes, drain and rinse the canned peaches, they will set the tables and fold the cloth napkins.(and I will share the photos!)
Thanks for reading as always!
PEACE to you all, Montessori Mama

3 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

I hadn't heard this variation on stone soup before - I like it! It's a bit more practical!

Uberly Ewe said...

love it! can't wait to see the pictures.

Evenspor said...

I am sure it will leave the children with great memories. I still remember when my kindergarten teacher read "Stone Soup" to us, and she and the other teacher made us some stone soup. Of course at the time I didn't fully understand the story and was just amazed they were making soup from a stone. It is still one of my favorite stories.

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails