Monday, July 7, 2008

Art Projects for Young Preschoolers

I thought I would share some ART+PLAY projects we did this year:

We drew with water color crayons and then painted over them with watercolor paints. Three Friends on Swings by Amelia 5 years old

We drew with oil pastels to create colorful posters for display at the Art Center.


We crafted animals and shapes from clay after learning about Pablo Picasso.

We learned about Georia O'Keeffe and painted with flowers and made mono-print ferns.
We made cut paper collages after sharing the Story Basket about Henri Mattisse.
Here's a photo of an "Everything Collage:

We made prints using everyday objects of different sizes and shapes.
We even painted with our feet!
Art+Play is now over but creative activities for young ones are still happening around here! Please check out past posts for more ideas and in the near future I will be sharing what projects we've been up to these past few weeks. I am presently without my beloved digital camera! So photos will follow soon.
I hope you are all keeping cool and have had a wonderful 4th of July weekend (if you are in the States :)
What are your favorite summer time art projects?
In PEACE
Montessori Mama

4 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

anything with water and mess~ Thanks for this one!

Unknown said...

So cute!

I love incorporating inspiration from real artists into the kids work.

My older one, is totally into the glitter glue paints. His sister is happy to follow along, but instead of painting, prefers to sort her color tubes and jars into piles and name them repeatedly. Sometimes, she'll deign to share one tube or another in exchange for something else. It's interesting.

S

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Thank-you for your sweet comments on my blog. I love your blog. Its so colorful and full of life!

HomeGrownLife said...

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I will be using some of these in my home without a doubt.

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails