Monday, October 27, 2008

I Went Walking (a story basket)


Using the board book: I Went Walking by Sue Williams, I created this story extension for the toddler language shelf; I didn't intend for it to be used right there on the shelf but so be it. The kiddos really enjoy this book, much like Eric Carle's Brown Bear, Brown Bear. They like to hear it read again and again and are very knowledgeable about the order in which the animals appear. It was a fun and easy language work for me to pull together (once I found the animals). I happened to find the animals needed at our local toy store, but you could draw or color copy the illustrations, laminate them and use those too. Happy crafting.
So far my holiday creations have been limited to felt wreaths and birds...I will post photos soon. What are you making?
PEACE to all,
Happy Thanksgiving!
Montessori Mama

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Hi MontessoriMama - I love this activity. I am currently working on a post comparing Waldorf, Montessori and Playcentre (which is an NZ specific thing) in their approaches to literacy. Can I use your picture on my blog (will full credit and links of course) as an example of a Montessori story extension? My email is nzteaparty at gmail dot com, or I can check back here if its easier for you just to answer me in the comments. Thanks!

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails