Monday, January 14, 2008

Let it Snow!


Today is a snow day. My boys are home from school and hot chocolate is on the menu. We expect 10 to 12 inches before it's over and my nine year old is thrilled!

This simple tweezing work is a winter favorite. I thought I would share it with all of you. The foam snow flakes were purchased through a craft catalog (original purpose:snowy arts and crafts). When they arrived, we teachers noted how they were a bit too thick for gluing but would be perfect for tweezing! Soon this Everyday Living activity was created and has been present every January since. (It is also nice color sorting work!) The small tweezers can be tricky for young three year olds but most seem up for the challenge. This is good example of an inexpensive Practical Life work, most of us have small tweezers at home and with a few small items and bowls (or plates) this work can be pulled together relatively quickly. Have fun!
~~MM

2 comments:

RYD said...

I wish we had snow - they warned us a storm was coming (I live in NJ) and this morning I woke up to find... not one flake on the ground. We're so bummed! Enjoy the snow, and keep the activity ideas coming. :)

plaidshoes said...

I am very envious of your snow! It is just cold and windy here - not a snowflake in sight! Hope you all enjoyed your hot chocolate ;-)

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails