Sunday, April 27, 2008

Color Sorting and Spinning


Little One enjoys matching things. I brought out this box of wooden shapes expecting he would enjoy matching the shapes to create an image. I went to get the camera and returned to find him sorting by color groups! I was surprised and I interrupted him. The color sorting stopped and spinning around in the colors began. You'd think I'd know by now NOT to interrupt a child while they are concentrating. Sometimes we forget what we know when we are excited. I am a life long learner, Little One is my teacher and well, spinning IS fun.
Enjoy your children. Allow them to 'be'.
Follow their lead and they will teach you.
~~MM

3 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

yr so fabulous. I was just telling mamasvillage that I admire you and look up to you so much yesterday. You have great ideas gal!!!

MerrandaVK said...

Me too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so true, that we have to leave them be sometimes. I often watch my daughter playing without her seeing me. It's a fine line between leaving her alone to play so much and showing an interest in what she's doing. Often a simple "What are you doing?" which is intended to have her vocalise and describe can be too distracting. I'm really entertained by her imaginative play at the moment. It's just blossoming :)
~ Cindy

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails