Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heroes

Today's Heroes:

Jiang Xiaojuan and her baby
Maria Montessori
Little Warrior and her family
Julie Clapp's husband Jon
The people who thought this up:
www.freerice.com/index.php

I know this is a short list, but I am planning on posting this type of list weekly. I was inspired to do so by the ever inspiring and ecologically minded Shannon of 'Unmitigated Bliss' and my oldest son who sadly recently said, "All news is bad news, have you ever noticed that?"
and I look forward to your thoughts and comments.
Who are your heroes today?
In PEACE
MM

5 comments:

Shannon said...

gah! you keep saying that about me inspiring you, when the truth is that YOU inspire ME.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I LOVE the free rice site -- so cool! Glad you posted on that, too. It's important to spread the word...

plaidshoes said...

What a great list! My heros today are teachers, caregivers, and my cousin-in-law who is keeping it all together despite some crushing issues. I am also really admiring Greg Mortenson of "Three Cups of Tea".

Anonymous said...

I so agree about Officer Jiang! Having lived in China, the Chinese often just get to it....though not so many breastfeed sadly....maybe this will get them all in gear with that!

mjomesa said...

the free rice site is quite an initiative. like the idea. My heroes are my parents and my children. heheh..nah..am not married..my children, my students..

peace to u MM..mwah

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails