Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Toddler Practical Life: CCIO


Inspired by an original idea from the lovely and talented Mama and O at Chasing Cheerios,
I put together this
Practical Life activity: Toothpick drop

The basic aims of all Practical Life activities are to assist in the development of:
Coordination, Concentration, Independence, Order
(or CCIO that's an easy way to remember *c/o Linda Seeley Northeast Montessori Institute)
All are nurtured with this one activity.

My Little One (22months) LOVED putting the colored toothpicks into the small openings of the cheese shaker. It was a pleasant sensorial experience also because of the musical tone it made when the toothpicks fell in. He completed this work again and again and was very smiley while enjoying it.
I am sure this will become a daily favorite. Thanks Chasing Cheerios!
~~MM

3 comments:

village mama said...

He's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to clog your blog with this but I need you to call me. I can get a ride home if that helps you tonight.

He is beautiful! My perspective may be unfair though.

Melissa said...

Wow! I'm so excited to see that you are using one of the activities from my blog. Thanks! That's a great idea to use colored toothpicks. I need to get some!

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails